The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 requires employers and employees alike to consider health and safety as a joint responsibility.
Here at Buttimer Engineering we strive to work together and co-operate as a team to ensure that safe working becomes an integral part of our organisational culture.
Buttimer Engineering’s mission is to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all our staff and to meet our duties of care as far as is reasonably practicable, and to contractors and members of the public who may be affected by our operations.
It is also our policy to consult with all staff on matters of health and safety. Staff must also comply with their duties under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 to notify management of identified hazards in the workplace.
Safe working is a condition of employment. All personnel, including contractors, will assume responsibility for working safely. The success of the policy will depend on each person’s co-operation. It is therefore important that the Safety Statement be read carefully by all concerned and each person’s role and overall arrangements for health and safety are fully understood.
The areas to which this policy extends include:
- Providing a management structure that will ensure the safety, health and welfare of all staff and others affected by our business.
- Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, in accordance with the statutory requirements.
- Providing systems of work that are planned, organised, performed and maintained so as to be safe.
- Providing such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to enable employees to perform their work safely and effectively and without risk to their health and others.
- Ensuring the provision and maintenance of safety devices and personal protective equipment to ensure safety at work where it is not reasonably practicable to control or eliminate hazards or in prescribed circumstances.
- Preparing and revising, as necessary, plans to be followed in emergencies. Providing and maintaining welfare activities.
- This Safety Statement is a working document and therefore is reviewed on an annual basis or at more regular intervals, should substantial changes to work practices, work equipment or the working environment take place.
- This Safety Statement will also be reviewed and amended when further improvement of our health and safety management system is required or when there are changes to legislation or construction industry best practices.