Buttimer Engineering was established in 1978 in Cahir, Co. Tipperary by Mr Edward Buttimer and though the company has grown substantially in the four decades since, it maintains its family-based ethos to this day. Now spearheaded by Eddie’s son Fergal, the company still recognises that it’s people are its most valuable asset and are always keen to find like-minded and ambitious individuals to join our ever-growing team.
We pride ourselves on exceptional career advancement prospects within a strong team-based environment, making Buttimer Engineering an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
To apply for a vacant position or to simply learn more about the company and what we can offer you, send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job vacancies can also be seen on our LinkedIn page.
- Health and Safety Officer
- Relevant health and safety qualification
- Based at head office in Cahir, Co. Tipperary, but will be expected to travel to sites in Ireland and the UK.
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience
- Clear ability to use various packages such as Microsoft project, excel, word, etc.
- Proven track record in H&S management on mechanical construction sites.
- Proven track record in providing H&S support to projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Safety Audit of construction sites and workshop.
- Implement and improve H&S policies.
- Ensure all employee and sub-contractors training is relevant and up-to-date.
- Work with Contracts Director and Site Supervisors to improve and streamline site safety procedures. (Smarter ways of doing things, technology, apps, etc.)
- Over see the recruitment and management of project safety officers as required.
- Basic H&S training, manual handling, abrasive wheel and working-at-height.
- Updating of the company’s safety statement regularly.
- Monitor and audit subcontractors
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
- Manage the certification of lifting gear and other plant.
- Accident and incident reporting and investigation.
- PSCS and PSDP function when required.
- Keep up to date with safety legislation.
- H&S meetings and reporting to management.
- Migration from SafeT Cert to ISO safety qualification.
- Combine ISO environmental qualification with above.
- Any other functions deemed relevant.
- Remuneration will be in line with qualifications and experience
Management Health Safety & Environment, Microsoft, Safety Audits, H&S Policies
- Project Coordinator
- Hold a recognised 3rd level qualification not less than Level 6 on the National Vocational Qualifications Framework or recognised equivalent; or a postgraduate degree not less than Level 9 on the National Vocational Qualifications Framework, or recognised a technical qualification preferably Mechanical, Process / Automation, Manufacturing.
- Hold a valid work permit to work in Ireland for the duration of the contract.
- Hold a 1-year working visa with the option to renew the visa to allow completion of the 2-year contract – neither the hiring company nor Enterprise Ireland will have any liability or responsibility should the graduate be unable to renew their working visa.
- Have graduated within the last four years i.e. ; 2015; 2016; 2017 or 2018.
- Based at head office in Cahir, Co. Tipperary supporting company offices in the UK & Poland.
- Clear ability to use various packages such as Microsoft project, excel, word etc
- Good analysis, judgement and problem-solving skills along with an ability to input effectively into decision making, with the team.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and hungry to learn and develop within the role and organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Qualification in Project management would be an advantage (PMI, IMPI, Prince etc)
- AutoCAD, FEA Software, Solid Works experience
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract.
- Generating monthly project spend reports & monthly summary project reports on Projects in Ireland & UK.
- Working with Project Engineers in Ireland & UK to collate / assemble project safety files / handover documentation as required.
- Working with the Programme Manager to develop / implement company processes, polices, procedures in Ireland, UK and Poland.
- Working with the Programme Manager to assist with company audits across offices in Ireland, UK and Poland.
- Adding new enquires for Ireland and UK to the Enquiry Management System (SharePoint) and ensuring all the relevant data is inputted / uploaded from the Engineer / Director.
- Updating enquires on SharePoint after a Bid / No Bid meeting, quote submitted, not quoted or lost.
- Reviewing enquiry submissions from Poland Office for completeness.
- Adding new or updating existing Client Accounts / Client Contacts to the Enquiry Management System.
- Generating weekly Sales Reports from SharePoint for Ireland, UK and Poland and distributing same.
- Attending Bid review meetings and taking note of discussions on enquiries.
- Assisting Sales Director along with the Programme Manager with Monthly Reporting and company forecasting requirements.
- Updated copy of your CV.
- Cover letter explaining why you would be suitable fit for this role and our organisation.
- Transcripts of your college result for each subject.
Buttimer Engineering is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.