Buttimer Engineering was established in 1978 in Cahir, Co. Tipperary by Mr Edward Buttimer and though the company has grown substantially in the four decades since, it maintains its family-based ethos to this day. Now spearheaded by Eddie’s son Fergal, the company still recognises that it’s people are its most valuable asset and are always keen to find like-minded and ambitious individuals to join our ever-growing team.
We pride ourselves on exceptional career advancement prospects within a strong team-based environment, making Buttimer Engineering an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
To apply for a vacant position or to simply learn more about the company and what we can offer you, send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Job vacancies can also be seen on our LinkedIn page.
- Health and Safety Officer
- Relevant health and safety qualification
- Based at head office in Cahir, Co. Tipperary, but will be expected to travel to sites in Ireland and the UK.
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience
- Clear ability to use various packages such as Microsoft project, excel, word, etc.
- Proven track record in H&S management on mechanical construction sites.
- Proven track record in providing H&S support to projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Safety Audit of construction sites and workshop.
- Implement and improve H&S policies.
- Ensure all employee and sub-contractors training is relevant and up-to-date.
- Work with Contracts Director and Site Supervisors to improve and streamline site safety procedures. (Smarter ways of doing things, technology, apps, etc.)
- Over see the recruitment and management of project safety officers as required.
- Basic H&S training, manual handling, abrasive wheel and working-at-height.
- Updating of the company’s safety statement regularly.
- Monitor and audit subcontractors
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
- Manage the certification of lifting gear and other plant.
- Accident and incident reporting and investigation.
- PSCS and PSDP function when required.
- Keep up to date with safety legislation.
- H&S meetings and reporting to management.
- Migration from SafeT Cert to ISO safety qualification.
- Combine ISO environmental qualification with above.
- Any other functions deemed relevant.
- Remuneration will be in line with qualifications and experience
Management Health Safety & Environment, Microsoft, Safety Audits, H&S Policies