Buttimer Engineering was established in 1978 in Cahir, Co. Tipperary by Mr Edward Buttimer and though the company has grown substantially in the four decades since, it maintains its family-based ethos to this day. Now spearheaded by Eddie’s son Fergal, the company still recognises that it’s people are its most valuable asset and are always keen to find like-minded and ambitious individuals to join our ever-growing team.
We pride ourselves on exceptional career advancement prospects within a strong team-based environment, making Buttimer Engineering an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
To apply for a vacant position or to simply learn more about the company and what we can offer you, send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Job vacancies can also be seen on our LinkedIn page.
- Mechanical Fitter
We are currently recruiting for experienced, hardworking and reliable Mechanical Fitters in the Munster/South Leinster region for immediate start.
Candidates must be flexible with regard to shift/start times, and willing to travel to different locations to carry out their work.
Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting.
Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Metal Fabrication.
Minimum 6 years industry experience.
Clean drivers’ licence.
Up to date Safepass, Manual Handling and Abrasive Wheel training.
• Development and fit up of pipe-work, pipe supports, 3mm plus platework and ducting.
• Working with Carbon and Stainless steels.
• Reading engineering drawings.
• Understanding of Welding Procedure Specifications and certification.
• Working safely and ensure work is done to the right quality.
• Understanding of Health and Safety industry guidelines.
• Understanding of all types of welding.
• Can work under their own initiative.
• have considerable technical knowledge of fabrication techniques (essential).
• the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems (essential).
• have a positive attitude, be eager to work and can work on own initiative.
• Must be self-motivated and high energy.
• have good inter-personal skills with the ability to integrate into the existing engineering team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines.
• Must have the highest level of honesty, trust and integrity.
Please send CV along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apprentices Mechanical Fitter and Fabricator
We are currently seeking applications from suitable candidates for our apprenticeship programme. We offer apprenticeships in the following:
1) Mechanical Automation & Maintenance Fitting
2) Metal Fabrication
See www.apprenticeship.ie for further details.
The minimum requirements for the candidate are:
Must be 16 years or older
Have an aptitude for chosen trade
Have a minimum of 5 D’s in Junior cert
LCA – 50 credits or QQI Level 4 (Major)
Leaving Cert – 3 Grade D’s or above (or approved equivalent)
Be hardworking and reliable.
Must have the highest level of honesty, trust and integrity.
Have a positive attitude, be eager to work and can work on own initiative.
Must be self-motivated and high energy.
The selection process will involve an aptitude test and an interview.
Please send CV’s to email@example.com
- Health & Safety Officer
Health & Safety Officer
Due to further expansion within the company we are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer.
- Relevant health and safety qualification
- Based at head office in Cahir, Co. Tipperary, but will be expected to travel to sites in Ireland and the UK.
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience
- Clear ability to use various packages such as Microsoft project, excel, word, etc.
- Proven track record in H&S management on mechanical construction sites.
- Proven track record in providing H&S support to projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Safety Audit of construction sites and workshop.
- Implement and improve H&S policies.
- Ensure all employee and sub-contractors training is relevant and up-to-date.
- Work with Contracts Director and Site Supervisors to improve and streamline site safety procedures. (Smarter ways of doing things, technology, apps, etc.)
- Over see the recruitment and management of project safety officers as required.
- Basic H&S training, manual handling, abrasive wheel and working-at-height.
- Updating of the company’s safety statement regularly.
- Monitor and audit subcontractors
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
- Manage the certification of lifting gear and other plant.
- Accident and incident reporting and investigation.
- PSCS and PSDP function when required.
- Keep up to date with safety legislation.
- H&S meetings and reporting to management.
- Migration from SafeT Cert to ISO safety qualification.
- Combine ISO environmental qualification with above.
- Any other functions deemed relevant.