Buttimer Engineering was established in 1978 in Cahir, Co. Tipperary by Mr Edward Buttimer and though the company has grown substantially in the four decades since, it maintains its family-based ethos to this day. Now spearheaded by Eddie’s son Fergal, the company still recognises that it’s people are its most valuable asset and are always keen to find like-minded and ambitious individuals to join our ever-growing team.
We pride ourselves on exceptional career advancement prospects within a strong team-based environment, making Buttimer Engineering an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
To apply for a vacant position or to simply learn more about the company and what we can offer you, send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job vacancies can also be seen on our LinkedIn page.
- Sales Engineer
A vacancy has arisen within our Sales department for a Sales Engineer covering a national based sales role for the bulk materials handling and mechanical engineering solutions industry based out of our Head Office in Cahir, Co. Tipperary.
The role contributes to the continued success and growth of Buttimer Engineering. With a passion not only for targets but also for people the role will always constantly strive to increase the client base whilst ensuring outstanding customer service and project delivery.
- Delivers and manages the sales growth of the region by generating sales leads as a result of effective networking, referrals and prospecting.
- Takes ownership in leading tenders, proposals and quotations through effective communication with key personnel within the engineering and contracts department.
- Successfully identifies, penetrates and closes business opportunities to a successful end within but not limited to the Services, maintenance and fabrication sectors of the business.
- Prepares and follows up with quotations, tenders and engineer design service requests.
- Ability to negotiate within set parameters to be able to achieve a sale.
- Monitors orders closely and can rapidly escalate any potential issues.
- Maintains an excellent relationship with all stakeholders ensuring the correct specifications and project criteria are achieved.
- Actively develops a network of new customer relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Maintains and develops an excellent relationship with existing clients, establishing regular communication to be able to assess any new requirements.
- Maintains an accurate database of all customer contact details and shares this information willingly with other areas of the business.
- Takes ownership for customer complaints, remains the point of contact and resolves these.
- Assists the Sales Director with marketing and raising brand awareness through advertising, trade show attendance and social media.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Competent mechanical engineering background with experience in high value sales propositions. This can comprise of a “solution-based” sales approach and services support.
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or process engineering discipline desirable.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar sales role within the mechanical engineering industry. Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical experience advantageous.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for sales coupled with excellent results.
- Demonstrable skills in negotiation and selling.
- Outstanding communication skills and can demonstrate how this has been used effectively.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout Ireland with occasional overseas visits to the UK and continental Europe.
Based within commuting distance of the Cahir Head Office
Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or process engineering discipline desirable.