Food & Beverage
In the Food & Beverage sectors, Buttimer Engineering provide mechanical services and equipment to a range of clients.
Experts in bulk materials handling systems and high-quality steel fabrication, the company can supply individual pieces of equipment or on-site personnel for installation or maintenance, right up to full turnkey delivery of new processing or handling facilities.
Products regularly handled include animal feeds, wheat, malting grains, flaxseed, oilseeds, wood-chip or pellets, flour and a spectrum of dairy products and by-products. Buttimer Engineering frequently supply conveying, storage, intake, chutes, cleaning, destoning, drying, crushing, milling and out-loading processes. The company also designs and installs ducting, piping and plant for aspiration, water, fire safety and ATEX systems.
Buttimer Engineering can draw on the expertise of each of its teams to offer pre-installation design and specification, steel fabrication, on-site installation and maintenance, procurement and project management services. Over 40 years serving agricultural industries gives Buttimer Engineering a depth of experience on the complexities around preventing product degradation, suppression and return of emitted dust, compaction, heating and the huge array of factors involved in designing highly effective, durable and safe materials handling systems for food industries.
- Bulk Ingredients Handling Systems
- Intake, Storage & Processing for Grains &, Feeds & Seeds & Flax seeds
- Piping, Ducting & Equipment Support Steelwork
- Mechanical Design, Installation & Maintenance
- Malting, Brewing and Distilling Processes
- Bespoke Equipment Fabrication
- Specialist Equipment Supply
- Process Vessel & Pressure Vessel Fabrication
- Dairy Processing Plant
Ports & Infrastructure
Buttimer Engineering have been providing mechanical engineering to Ports & Infrastructure projects and clients for the past number of decades.
In the area of Buttimer Engineering’s core expertise, dry bulk materials handling, the company has designed and installed dry bulk ship loading/unloading, conveying, storage, processing and out-loading facilities for handlers of grain, biomass, minerals and other bulk commodities.
Buttimer Engineering’s DOCKSOLID Bulk Handling Equipment brand has been developed through years of experience unloading bulk products of different characteristics, developing state-of-the-art dust prevention and suppression techniques and designing innovative equipment features such as patented DOCKSOLID steering, suspension and drive sytems. Buttimer Engineering has also designed and fabricated other bulk port equipment, such as an innovative mobile shiploading unit for iron ore, which was developed in partnership with Telestack Ltd.
As well as bulk materials handling, Buttimer Engineering’s other core expertise is the design and fabrication of high quality steel structures. For the Ports & Infrastructure sectors this has included pedestrian bridges, road gantry signs, seaport passenger boarding bridges and miscellaneous tanks and vessels for the storage or transport of liquid bulk.
- Dry Bulk Terminal Turkey Delivery
- Handling Equipment & Storage
- Ship Loading & Unloading Equipment
- Silos and Flat Storage Solutions
- Integration of Road, Rail and Sea Bulk Logistics
- Dust Control, ATEX and Fire Safety
- Steel Infrastructure: Pedestrian Bridges & Gantry Signs
- Liquid Bulk Storage Vessels & Tanks
- DOCKSOLID® Bulk Port Equipment
In the Process sector, Buttimer Engineering can deploy its design, fabrication, labour, equipment and project management teams for the fitting, upgrade or maintenance of sophisticated process or manufacturing facilities.
From animal food plants, to medical devices, protein processing to pharmaceuticals, much of our activity in this area is the provision of highly skilled fitting crews on-site to facilitate installation or maintenance. We also fabricate stainless steel piping, ducting, vessels and platforming for large industrial plants.
Buttimer Engineering’s Project Delivery teams can manage the complete design and installation of a facility, or a particular subcontract. We also regularly carry out shut-down maintenance preventative maintenance and emergency repair work for our clients. The team can manage on-site safety protocols, including specifying ATEX zoning, designing and installing required aspiration and water systems as well as developing project plans, snag listing, subcontractor management and various project management and supervisor functions.
- Design and Installation of Piping, Aspiration and Steel Structures
- Fabrications & Fitting of Plant
- Fabrication of Vessels, Tanks, GRP Modular Tanks and Ducting
- Experience On-Site Fitting, Commissioning and Maintenance Teams
- Stainless and Mild Steel Structural Design and Erection
- Platforms, Stairs, Walkways and Access Fabrication and Erection
- Cleanroom, Food Grade and Pharmaceutical Fitting